rt2mei - Radio Times to MyStuff Extended Information
rt2mei is free, so go ahead and download it from the page for the platform you are going to run it on.
Please note that when upgrading from version 0.4 or below you MUST replace rt2mei.cfg otherwise you will get an error!
rt2mei grabs 14 days worth of electronic programme guide (EPG) data from the Radio Times website for the Freeview channels that you choose and stores it in a file (MyStuff.mei) to be transferred to your Topfield 5800 PVR. Once on the Toppy, it can be displayed by the MyStuff TAP and used to set timers to record programmes. This is a big improvement on the patchy EPG data that is broadcast over the air.
Although it will run on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and other OS too, if it is run on a Linksys NSLU2 or Asus WL500g (both of which need their firmware re-flashing) then a completely automatic daily update of EPG data to the Toppy can be achieved very easily. This is a completely Set and Forget solution. Very cool!
Look here for more info about rt2mei.
Changes in version 1.1a:
- Fixed warning message when defining constants
Changes in version 1.1:
- Changed the inclusion of rt2mei_character_replacements.php so that it is only included once per line
- The presence of include files is now only checked for once at the beginning
- MEI files now produced in ascending LCN order
- Option to ignore old EPG data - this is a great way to ensure that you grab today's EPG data
- Option to use wget to grab the data - handy if you are behind a university firewall
- Ensures that the data is always grabbed direct from the RT website and not your ISP's cache
- Fault tolerant shell script for the NSLU2/WL500. If your Toppy is off it waits until it is on before copying across the new MyStuff.mei file
rt2mei will run on the following operating systems:
- Windows NT/2000/XP/2003
- Windows 98/Me
- Mac OS X
- RISC OS
- Any other OS that runs PHP
Refer to the following pages for more information: